Pages

Friday, November 04, 2011

"Would you like a jelly baby?"

I'm pretty busy these days... but I still managed to start a new project, in between diapers and naps...

The Fourth Doctor
28mm




Between the dark and creepy nature of many of his adventures, and his character's Bohemian charm, the Fourth Doctor, played by Tom Baker, is many North Americans' favorite Doctor Who, and is definitely mine! This is another Black Tree miniature, a nice sculpt that is instantly recognizable.

I decided this figure deserved a unique base, and I came up with the idea of using my new Instant Mold to steal some detail to jazz it up. It was pretty easy to duplicate parts of an unpainted Dalek figure to make the wreckage seen here. The result looks pretty good, and fits well with his satisfied expression. I know the Fourth Doctor never encountered white Imperial Daleks... but I was never much for continuity anyway :)

4 comments:

  1. Awesome base with a great use of instant mold. That stuff is very useful. I can't wait to see how this looks painted up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just watched the first 2 episodes of 'State of Decay' (1980) before i checked blogger for new posts...then i see this!

    I WANT THESE MINIs!! Im jealous as a (**insert a 'jealous type creature' here**)

    Look forward to seeing the Doc painted :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to this one!

    Last pic got an audible "awwww!" fro my wife. It's a great pic. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Well it looks better than it works, sadly. When she's asleep, it's okay, but when she's awake, those little arms are usually wiggling! Which jostles my painting hand WAY too much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!