Pages

Saturday, March 07, 2015

Stealthy Slayers

“When we’re on a mission, I keep count of how many ninja my father kills. He says not to keep count, only to pray for their souls. But if I don’t keep count, I don’t know how many souls to pray for. So I keep count. So far it’s three hundred and forty-two.”


 
Honestly, Rebel Miniatures' ninjas are not the best figures out there.   They have some weird proportions, giant hands and some oddly-placed lumpy bits, and some more weapon variety would be nice.  But "90% of success is showing up", and for under twelve bucks you get a big bag of them, so hey.


As usual, I don't have time to paint the whole horde...  I did a minor weapon swap on one of them, rope for spear.  I tried to position the lariat so he poses well with other figures:


Worked pretty well, I think!  Perhaps not so sturdy for gaming but it might make for some fun photos.

1 comment:

  1. I got really excited when these were released, but the hands... I knew I'd never be able to live with them. I would love a ninja horde though. Maybe I should try to sculpt my own, rather than just criticise other's work. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!